Thankfully signed into Law ~~ Much needed for years now so at least its a start..... time will tell how long it takes........for anything to really be done
The new law, which received bipartisan support in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate, includes much needed improvements such as:
Public Meetings on the Amended Toxic Substances Control Act
- On August 9, 10and 11, 2016, EPA held a series of public meetings to obtain input from stakeholders and the public on the processes that will be used to prioritize and evaluate chemicals under the new Act. View the presentations.
- New risk-based safety standard;
- Increased public transparency for chemical information; and
- Consistent source of funding for EPA to carry out the responsibilities under the new law.
- Read the U.S. Code version of TSCA as recently amended by the Frank R. Lautenberg Chemical Safety for the 21st Century Act.
- First year implementation plan
- Read a summary of provisions found in the new law
- Find answers to frequently asked questions on the new law
- Essential Principles for Reform of Chemicals Management Legislation
- Meetings and Webinars on the Amended Toxic Substances Control Act
- Read Administrator McCarthy’s blog - TSCA Reform: A Bipartisan Milestone to Protect Our Health from Dangerous Chemicals
- Remarks by the President at Bill Signing Event